The library at Urrbrae Agricultural High School continues to be the heart of the school. It is a flexible place for meeting, learning and socialising, teaching, and responding to the changing role of research and inquiry. In addition to teaching units of work for all students from years 8-10, and supporting senior students with their research requirements, the library provides many enrichment activities to encourage students to read and explore what the library has to offer.
These activites include:
- the launch of our new makerspace area, The Tech Deck, by the Robogals from University of Adelaide
- Tech Deck competitions, including the Great Urrbrae Egg Drop and Make Something that Flies
- presentations and workshops by book illustrator Marc McBride and author Phillip Gwynne
- the creation of a School Library Advisory Committee, made up of students from Years 8-11
- Girls and boys only competitions, designed to encourage reading
More than 100 students choose to come to the library every day, before school and at lunchtimes. It is a vibrant, friendly, safe place for everyone.