Section 129 of the Education Act 2019 provides the legislative basis for schools in consultation with the School Council, to set, collect and recover a materials and services charge. This charge reflects the actual cost of the essential curriculum items and services and do not include any Government funded costs.
All of the funds collected from the materials and services charge support the diverse curriculum offerings for our students. These funds support the provision of:
- Text book hire/ eBook access
- Photocopied material
- Worksheets that have been copied / printed
- Access to student information technology
- Access to machinery
- Access to equipment
- Curriculum / subject supplies and services
- Library resources including access to borrowing library resources
The Materials and Services Charge for all students at Urrbrae Agricultural High School for 2022 has been set by the School Council and supported by the parent community at $750 for Years 7 – 9 and $850 for Years 10 – 12.
An annual allowance is paid to the school by the Government on behalf of approved School Card students. For 2022 this allowance is $334. This assists with the cost of essential curriculum supplies and services. A new application for School Card is to be submitted for each student, each year at the school that they are enrolled in.
Information on eligibility and application forms can be found at http://www.sa.gov.au/education/schoolcard or from the Finance Office at our school.
Payment Plans for all invoices can be arranged for approved families by emailing the Finance Manager on email@example.com. It is expected that families wishing to arrange a payment plan will do so in the first weeks of school.
Each year we look at a different focus of our grounds, and money donated to our Building Fund is used to finance this.
- For 2021 we upgraded our Winery classroom on the Farm, to enhance our increased viticulture programme.
- For 2022 we are planning to upgrade our central outdoor corridor (know as the spine), to create a more contemporary student friendly space.
Your donations are greatly appreciated by the entire Urrbrae community (and don’t forget they are tax deductible).
Building Fund contributions can be made using any of the Payment Methods above with a reference of ‘Building Fund’.